Monday, September 17, 2007

Wes Wes, he is our man, if AT&T can't do it, noone can

So after worrying that "quirk" is dead" thanks to an article in The Atlantic it's good to know that even if "The Darjeeling Limited" doesn't pan out, Wes Anderson will have some other way of making money. According to the interwebz, that ever reliable medium of entertainment information, Wes has agreed to oversee/direct a new line of AT&T commercials in order to help the company appeal to a young, hip audience. Evidence can be seen...



Oh! Right there! The convenience!

Now nothing makes me happier than a good ad campaign. Anyone who knows me is well aware of my eager anticipation of ABC's adaptation of the Geico Cavemen into a sitcom, but I worry about Wes. There's something special about seeing Wes' style on the big screen. His American Express ad was a brilliant diversion, as it played with his persona, but these new ads make his style all too common. I'm not concerned about "selling out" or anything like that. I just like waiting for his movies to come out. Waiting makes his visual style that much more of a treat. Having desert for dinner negates the thrill of desert, you know?

Still, I am eagerly anticipating purchasing my ticket for "The Darjeeling Limited". Can't wait for that ride.

-ccmas

No comments: