Monday, August 6, 2007

The Planet 2 Show: Reunited/Explained

Wow. I never thought Chris would blog here. It totally gives me a renewed sense of interest in this blog. Now, all we need are readers/viewers. How the hell he posted the videos, I'll never know, but it very much impresses me. I've wanted Chris to blog for a long time, and I'm so glad that he did. I'm also glad he Planet 2'd it, as I haven't been able to.

For anyone wondering. Planet 2 is the world of video, or rather, and more appropriately, the moving image. Planet 1 is the world of text. Spoken word, like radio, sadly doesn't get a planet - it's just in a dual orbit around both planets. Feel free to disagree with that. For a long time, (roughly 1450, with the invention of movable type by Johannas Guttenberg, until the 1970's) humans only lived on Planet 1, which, might include radio. It wasn't until the shift into Post-Modernity, was it March or May or 1972? I forget the exact date - that we started the long colonization and terra-forming process of life on Planet 2. The hegemonic control of Planet 1 was over. Interestingly, and un-ironically, the only formats that we've been able to host a Planet 2 show was radio, and now the blogasphere. Man, that Radio Show was fun. Rest assured that if we had a TV SHOW called THE PLANET 2 SHOW, it would like it was produced in a basement on a local access channel somewhere in the deepest darkest part of the 80's. We'd show Talking Heads and Laurie Anderson videos.

Hopefully Chris will continue to update this blog from time to time, hopefully people will continue to read/view the blog. I'll post with my thoughts on life in California and the continuing weirdness of the world around me/us/you. But I didn't want to speak for you.

Huzzah! The planet 2 show is re-untied!

-cjfer-

No comments: