Wednesday, April 11, 2007

10 What ifs - series 2

I was watching an episode of the gilmore girls online the other day and it just so happened that it was subtitled in French. Lorelei said to Luke "I'm ordering a pizza" but it was subtitled in French as "Je Commande une pizza" - which translates back into English as "I'm ordering a pizza." What's funny about it that, is that the meaning is different when translated back to English when you think about it. When someone says "I'm ordering a pizza" they mean, I'm placing an order for a pizza. When you use the word commande - which looks like it does in English, it's more like "i'm ordering my soldiers." So it sounds like "I'm ordering a pizza to get my a drink. March Pizza March!"

Now, the hit list you've been requesting. My famous list of Ten What Ifs?!!? Version 2 - TV what ifs.

1. What if Pizzas were slaves on the gilmore girls?
2. What if Jack Bauer Cried after he killed someone? Would American still embrace him?
3. What if West Wing cast members had to wear scuba equipment on the set?
4. What if the Desperate Housewives suddenly went Blind?
5. What if the CSI: Miami Cast Members melted throughout the course of an episode?
6. What if the Black Donnellys were actually black? Actually, they might be, I don't know, I don't watch.
7. What if the Lost island had a ball pit in the center? Or a Chuck-e-Cheese?
8. What if the crew of the Battlestar Galactica suddenly had claws for hands?
9. What if the cast of Grey's Anatomy had real patients? "This man's dying...why are you taking off your pants...?"
10. What if a model hosted Deal or No Deal and the cases were held up by 25 Howie Mandels?

peace in the middle east
-cjfer-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All I know is that if the pepperoni is angry at the mushrooms because the mushrooms have an attitude, and then the pepperoni asks for your opinion, don't just laugh. Answer the pepperoni. :)

-TimK